If you haven’t gotten pillow covers for your pillows at home, then you’re putting your pillows, yourself, and your money at risk. A pillow protector isn’t at all expensive and you can always find high-quality ones at affordable prices. As such, there’s no reason for you not to get pillow covers.
The Importance of Pillow Protectors
If you think pillow covers aren’t actually that important, think again. Why are pillow covers so important in the first place? Read on to find out!
1. Keeps Pillows Clean
Your pillows’ first line of defence is the covers. Just imagine having no pillow covers—you’ll expose your pillows to a lot of dirt from your dead skin, and to other elements that float around the air. A pillow cover will prevent the build-up of dust inside the pillow, which will save you more time when it comes to laundry. All you need is to take off the pillow covers, which is much less time consuming than washing the pillows themselves.
2. Protects You from Allergens
If you suffer from allergies due to the allergens that float around in the air, then you’re one of the many people who require a good quality pillow cover. Microscopic creatures that cause allergies thrive in warm and humid environments such as bedding. Certain pillow cover fabrics can prevent allergens from accumulating in your pillow, thus reducing your allergies. With a pillow cover, you reduce the chances of waking up in the morning with a bad case of the sniffles.
3. Maintains Pillow Fluffiness
Unbeknownst to some, you can maintain the fluffiness of your pillows just by using a pillow cover. How? The body fluids that we release at night, such as oils and saliva, can build up on the pillow, weighing it down and reducing its fluff. Not only will this lessen your pillow’s overall fluffiness, but it’s also a little gross. With a pillow cover, the pillow is protected, maintaining both its fluffiness and its cleanliness.
4. Protects You from Bed Bugs
In some areas, bed bugs are a real problem. Although these critters prefer the creases of the mattress, some of them go astray and invade your pillows. Pillow covers that have zippers can prevent these bed bugs from entering your pillows, saving you the trouble of having to replace them.
How to Find the Best Pillow Protector
Now that you know why a pillow protector is essential, it’s time to find the right one for you. You might think that you can just choose anything that catches your eye, but if you want maximum comfort, protection, and convenience, you need to know how to choose the right one:
- Consider the Fabric: pillow protectors are made from various types of fabrics, usually natural and/or synthetic. When buying a pillow protector, choose the type of fabric that you want first. You might be tempted to buy satin or polyester types, but these are often less breathable and made from synthetic materials. Cotton pillowcases are better because they’re breathable, luxurious, and made from natural materials.
- Consider the Size: if you’ve already purchased some pillows, make sure to choose the right pillowcase size. This is where it can get tricky, so if you can get the exact measurements of your pillows before you shop for pillow covers, do so.
- Consider the Details: the details such as the shams and closures should also be taken into consideration. Typically, a pillow protector has an opening on one side and no additional fabric around the edges. On the other hand, shams are finished on all four sides and it opens in the back.
A pillow protector is essential to ensure the longevity and cleanliness of your pillows. Make sure to protect your pillows with a cover and follow the tips we’ve listed above to help you pick the right protectors for your pillows at home.
In the market for pillow protectors? We offer high-quality pillow protectors and more. Contact us today and let us know how we can help you!